Do you have Helpdesk/Support experience with Mac OS?
Our client is one of the most exciting companies to work for in Kent. We’ve known them for 10 years and have always been so impressed with the way they look after their people.
They are an innovative, travel technology business with a great culture and offer genuine opportunity to expand your skill sets.
They’re looking for an experienced HelpDesk Engineer to join the IT & Infrastructure team to ensure their customers have a great experience.
They are 100% Apple Mac based with over 1000 devices across their teams in the UK and Europe. They are an approved Apple Authorised Repair Centre which allows them to carry out all their own repairs and servicing, they also offer support for all tech related queries like Software, Email, phones (iPhones, of course) along with all the other day to day helpdesk duties.
They are big on automation and self service and being able to spot opportunities to automate and innovate is vital for a technology led company. They’ve made a start by automating machine formatting across the business, which streamlines machine configuration and setup, giving them the ability to distribute software updates and patches. They have auto enrolment for their Apple Products with DEP allowing them to track and control all aspects of their Apple hardware.
They want to build on their users experience by introducing more integrations into platforms like Google Workspace, move away from Office 365 and make better use of the Google suite, using Active Directory to secure all their applications and 3rd party access with single sign-on. You’ll have the opportunity to take the business on this journey by promoting the use of all elements of the Google Suite through training videos and face to face learning.
Each day is never the same on their HelpDesk; you’ll be working with every person within the organisation, on every aspect of Tech.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- You will be prioritising, diagnosing and resolving a range of helpdesk queries and tickets via the helpdesk platform (Jira ServiceDesk), email, phone or slack.
- You will use your customer experience skills to interact with their users in a fast paced environment
- Managing laptop provision and maintenance (Mac) & Google Workspace and SSO tools
- Troubleshooting both hardware and software issues
- You’ll be working closely with the team around the group to come up with solutions to help make their experience hassle-free.
- Working cross-functionally with every business unit to ensure they continue provide an excellent level of support
- You will have autonomy and responsibility to solve the interesting problems they face daily.
- You will be supporting employees on their campus in Kent as well as supporting the European team in Germany and remote UK workers.
- You will be doing out of hours support but that's a good incentive to automate.
- You’re going to have a lot of fun!
Here’s what they’re looking for:
- An experienced Helpdesk/ IT Support Engineer
- A customer first approach to support; strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate confidently and build effective relationships
- You've had experience troubleshooting issues and looking to make an positive impact
- Highly organised individual who is able to work on their own initiative to complete the range of tasks required
- Good knowledge of standard business applications like Jira & Google Workspace
- Active Directory administration
- Knowledge/use of IT ticketing and asset management systems
- Being solutions focussed and an excellent problem solver, not afraid to make decisions and act quickly
- Always determined to acquire new skills and learn.
- Demonstrable interest in a wide range of cutting edge technology from the latest in Apple hardware, to the hottest new software releases from Google.
- Clean driving licence in order to be mobile between their UK sites
- Experience working with and supporting Mac OS
- Apple ACMT / ACIT / ACSP certificate
- Experience of industry recognised deployment tools such as Munki, JAMF, Deploy Studio, Mosyle etc
- Azure &/or Active Directory experience
- Linux Knowledge
- Scripting knowledge like Bash / Perl
Your application has been successfully submitted.