Information Technology (IT) Support - Help Desk
SierTeK proudly serves our clients by providing expertise in the Program Management, Information Technology, and Administrative Support domains. Founded in 2007 as a minority and service-disabled veteran-owned company, we serve as prime- and subcontractor for a multitude of Federal Department of Defense contracts. By focusing on continual improvement, our services remain at the forefront of our industry and we pride ourselves on delivering our services with the highest degree of integrity.
We are seeking full-time Information Technology (IT) Support Desk member to provide a range of support to the 711 HPW at Wright-Patterson, AFB, OH.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide the first-line of technical assistance for information systems, software, hardware, networks, video teleconference, telephones/fax devices services used by USAFSAM and 711 HPW
- Tasks may include: packing, unpacking, configuring, upgrading, installing, relocating, connecting new and existing systems to the network(s), installing the Standard Desktop Configuration (SDC) software suite, custom AF, DoD, Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS), other software on personal computer systems, tablets/mobile computing devices, configuring and troubleshooting video teleconference equipment, displays and other actions (such as trash disposal and those required to maintain a clean and safe work environment) related to receiving, configuring, installing, maintaining, and disposing of IT components.
- Install, configure, test, deploy, manage and maintain all segments and elements of the 711 HPW's networks and fax devices including communications interfaces to internal or external networks.
- Assist with operational management of Wing IT systems, telephones, fax devices, and networks and ensure non-availability does not exceed 1% of annual, normal operating hours.
- Provide prompt, professional, customer-friendly, first-line IT support for the 711 HPW at all times.
- Configure and install computer workstations, tablets/mobile computing devices, monitors, laptops, printers, scanners, telephones, fax devices.
- Act as the point of contact for IT, telephone and fax issue resolution and maintain IT support desk services to 711 HPW users.
- Install patches, updates and make configuration changes to comply with policies and Information Assurance/Cybersecurity Liaison Officer direction.
- Ensure anti-virus software is updated on standalone systems.
- Troubleshoot IT equipment, computers, systems, tablets/mobile computing devices, monitors, printers, scanners, telephone and fax devices, networks and other devices, software, hardware.
Promptly answer the IT Support desk phone, email and receive IT/ fax support requests in person in a professional and customer-friendly manner at all times.
- Ensure the centralized IT Support desk is manned and able to provide customer support within 5 minutes of posted duty hours.
- Troubleshoot and/or replace basic system components such as computer and tablet/mobile computing device power supply, hard drive, CDROM drive, motherboard, network interface card, keyboard, mouse, common access card reader, telephones/fax devices and other components, including peripherals.
- Manage, conduct and arrange for hardware and software maintenance services on all 711 HPW computer-communications equipment including telephones and fax devices.
- Responsible for preparing, managing and accounting for computer and fax equipment and documentation for shipment or turn-in to the Defense Logistics Agency Disposition Services; actions include assisting with remanence security procedures, palletizing equipment, and associated documentation.
- Disk cloning, imaging to prepare hard drives/equipment for use and/or data recovery equipment/software to copy and/or restore data.
- Adhere to all DoD, Air Force, and WPAFB policies and guidelines with special emphasis on those relating to network, computer and telecommunications security.
- Provide a monthly status report (MSR) covering the details of the support provided by each technician during the month.
- IA Certification Requirements This requirement will encompass Technical Level I duties AFMAN 17-1303, 12 May 2020; however, a minimum of a Security + certification is required for all IT support technicians. Contractors filling these positions are required to have these requirements met prior to filling the position and the certification must be maintained at all times.
Minimum Educational Requirements (one of the following)
- S. in a Computer-related area and 1-year relevant work experience; or
- Any Bachelor's Degree and 2 years relevant work experience; or
- Associates Degree in a Computer-related area and 3 years relevant work experience; or
- High School diploma and 4 years computer-related experience
Applicants selected may be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
SierTeK is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. Employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at 1+833.743.7835.
Your application has been successfully submitted.