Systems Analyst, Sr.
Under minimum supervision, individual performs non-routine, complex work. Duties are those associated with a systems administrator or systems analyst. This will include the ability to analyze management and organization’s needs, and design, implement, maintain, and administer WRRI IT infrastructures. Supervise and lead lower graded staff and student employees. Participate in budget planning, implementation, and monitoring for purchase and maintenance of hardware and software. Troubleshoot and implement corrective measures. Maintain currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems. Administer department networking, Windows, and Linux servers.
Salary is negotiable and will commensurate with experience and education.
Applicants must apply online. Applications for this position close April 5.
For all applicants interested in the position, please apply here: https://jobs.nmsu.edu/postings/40243
Records maintenance skills, Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management, Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities, Ability to provide technical guidance and leadership to professional personnel in area of expertise, Ability to analyze operational requirements and assess data processing technology and capacity requirements, Ability to plan, implement, test, and troubleshoot system software, Ability to supervise and train assigned staff, Ability to develop and write systems and applications documentation and guides for users, Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise, Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Installs new and/or expands existing personal computer based systems.
- Determines required software and hardware in conjunction with end users.
- Programs or selects suitable software to meet user requirements.
- Installs new and maintains existing hardware.
- Provides problem-solving support to computer users.
- Develops and maintains telecommunications systems.
- Analyzes management needs regarding use of integrated data processing equipment or operations and processes.
- Investigates, plans, implements, tests, and debugs operating system software.
- Plans, coordinates, and schedules investigations, feasibility studies and surveys, including economic evaluation of proposed and existing automatic data processing and machine applications.
- Designs and implements integrated hardware and software computer and information systems to meet organizational requirements.
- Prepares on-line and hard copy documentation of systems and user applications.
- Provides instruction and training to users and other employees on day-to-day procedures. Participates in budget planning, implementation, and monitoring for purchase and maintenance of hardware and software.
- Serves as lead analyst in a design subgroup when appropriate, directing and integrating the work of one or two lower level analysts, each responsible for several programs.
- Records and maintains hardware and software inventories, site and/or server licensing, and user access and security.
- May supervise and/or lead lower graded staff and/or student employees.
- Provides functional direction to lower level technicians on assigned work.
- Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Performs problem resolution and provides on-call support for computer/network systems.
- May train users in use of equipment.
- May be responsible for monitoring data integrity and system security.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Experience with cloud-based storage, computing, and networking using Azure and AWS.
- Five (5) years of experience directly related to the standard duties as outlined.
- Must be able to work during office hours of Monday-Friday 8-5 schedule.
Documents required upon application submission:
- Must submit a resume/CV, letter of Interest/cover letter, and an unofficial college transcript.
- For all applicants interested in the position, please apply here: https://jobs.nmsu.edu/postings/40243
- Applicants must apply online. Applications for this position close April 5.
- Please contact Carolina Mijares at email@example.com, or Jeanette Torres at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on applying.
- For more information on benefits provided to NMSU employees, please click here: https://benefits.nmsu.edu/
Your application has been successfully submitted.