Systems Engineer - Infrastructure Projects
NECI, an Emerson Impact Partner, is the leading Digital Automation solutions provider transforming manufacturing, lab operations, process development and process control across a range of process industries in New England. NECI relentlessly seeks to drive the outcomes that ‘change the game’ for our clients and is seeking team members to join in our mission.
We are currently looking for a Mid- to Senior-level Systems Engineer to provide infrastructure, virtualization and other IT/OT project services for Emerson and third-party platforms. Projects will involve industrial networking and virtualization system builds or cloud-hosted solutions for DeltaV, Syncade, OSI PI, and other Level 2/3/4 applications, using VMWare and Emerson Virtual Studio solutions. Project and support assignments will vary, offering a wide range of engineering services experience and industry exposure within our ever-growing global end user base.
This engineer will join a collaborative and dynamic team of product specialists and IT/OT experts, and will help lead project delivery including design and consultation, system builds and integration, testing and commissioning. In-the-plant consultations and upgrades may be assigned as well. The ideal candidate will be able to advise customers on a wide range of IT/OT and virtualization platform recommendations that will solve customer pain, optimize performance and provide outcomes that support our clients' business goals.
How You’ll Be Successful
- Safe work practices for self and peers. Safety is number 1.
- Leverage your passion for technology and your customer-focused mindset to grow your customer relationships to a level of a trusted advisor, mapping IT/OT solutions that will solve our customers' complex automation system challenges and support their digital journey.
- Flexibility - May be called upon for coordination of other NECI personnel and cross-functional teams to ensure the delivery of the overall results expected by the customer.
- Bring passionate team spirit and a commitment for excellence in all work product.
- Proactively drive and deliver project services via the lifecycle solutions portfolio, by driving services demand creation with your customer contacts, through technology adoption and realized customer outcomes. Candidate will be self-starting, responsive, innovative, with a problem-solving mindset.
- Strong communications skills and ability to interface with customers and adjust style to audience. Superb written communication.
What You’ll Do
- Assist the Lifecycle Solutions Lead Engineer with infrastructure network design, installation, commissioning and maintenance activities in a Microsoft OS environment, often utilizing either VMWare or HyperV virtualization platforms. Quickly move into a role of Technical Lead as assigned.
- Support design and build activities for Life Science customers and others in a Quality controlled methodology. May involve extensive documentation, internal testing, Factory Acceptance Testing, and Site Acceptance Testing. In many cases this will involve ASTM2500 verification-level delivery.
- Liaison with Dell, VMWare, VEEAM, Cisco, and other third-party partners.
- Troubleshoot IT/OT and automation control systems at the virtual, physical network, controller, and I/O level, in order to resolve customer problems in an efficient manner and keep their system running or the project on schedule.
- Support or lead customer factory acceptance testing, internal functional testing and site commissioning services as assigned.
- Work to improve the long-term growth of NECI's Lifecycle Solutions infrastructure business through supporting business development, maintaining and improving customer relations and supporting internal programs for continuous improvement and efficiency.
- Travel: 20% travel within the Greater Boston area
- Ability to work Hybrid office/remote at worker/client site locations. Rare occasions for after-hours support may be required.
What You’ll Bring
- BS Degree in Computer Systems, Chemical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 4-8 years delivering industrial control system/infrastructure solutions as a systems and/or service engineer.
- Good working knowledge of systems, networking, and automation core platform, along with virtualization environments and infrastructure, for VMWare or Hyper-V/Virtual Studio platforms. Familiarity with Dell, Cisco and other peripheral hardware is preferred.
Here’s What You’ll Get
- Highly competitive Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Professional Development Reimbursement
- NECI paid Basic Life & Short-Term, Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits - Accident, Term Life, Whole Life Insurance
- Flu Shot Clinic & First Aid/AED/CPR Classes
Must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Empowering Our Partners To Advance The World