Senior Systems Engineer
NECI, an Emerson Impact Partner, is the leading Digital Automation solutions provider transforming manufacturing, lab operations, process development and process control across a range of process industries in New England. NECI relentlessly seeks to drive the outcomes that ‘change the game’ for our clients and is seeking team members to join in our mission.
About the Team
The Life Science Solutions business unit within NECI is focused on delivering turn-key solutions and fully managed services to the global Life Science market. The BU is a cross functional organization responsible for fulfilling all aspects of customer obligations within the designated portfolio. The group works with the entire customer pipeline – from early R&D through commercial manufacturing as well as across all different process type (RNA, mRNA, CAR-T, Cell Therapy, Gene Therapy, batch, continuous, etc.)
We are currently looking to fill the role of a Senior Systems Engineer within the solution group will participate in all technical aspects the group is responsible for, including product development, project engineering and site support. These responsibilities will cover all technologies/platforms within the portfolio including DeltaV, Syncade, OSI PI, Inmation, Matlab, Plantweb Optics, SQL, servers, virtualization, networking, reporting, sensors, transmitters, and valves. This role will typically provide project leadership as either an overall lead for smaller projects or as an area lead for larger projects.
If you have a passion for technology and is looking to receive a wide level of exposure to all aspects of the modern automated life science industry as well as be on the cutting edge of the industry working in partnership with startups and big biotech alike developing the newest technologies, then we would be interested in connecting to discuss this opportunity!
What You’ll Do
- Leads others to execute a single discipline scope from concept through delivery (concept, proposal, project, close-out). This would be a sub-scope for large projects and the entire scope for small projects.
- Perform all activities with little supervision.
- Responsible for customer facing technical communications.
- Typical author for functional specifications / high level design.
- Identifies project risks and develops mitigation strategy.
- Works with Project Management to ensure project budget, schedule and quality.
- Responsible for providing uncompromising quality to all work processes in designated area of responsibility. Has the authority to stop those work processes at any time it is believed that quality is being compromised.
- Performs other duties as assigned; responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Physical demands: May be asked to assist in racking servers and various other tasks associated with system deployment and setup.
- Travel: 35% travel within the Greater Boston area, minor additional travel within US or abroad
What You’ll Bring
- Engineering or Computer Science Degree with 4-10 years of industry experience
- Relevant or transferable project leadership experience.
- Experience working in life science R&D.
- Understanding of computer networks.
- Project Delivery experience.
- Experience with multiple of the relevant technologies / systems listed below.
- DeltaV, MES, OSI PI, VMWare, Visualization, and Data Lake
- EMC / DELL/ Cisco, Matlab, SQL / SSRS, LIMS (various), Reporting Systems and C# / . NET
- PLCs (various) and MES
Here’s What You’ll Get
- Highly competitive Medical and Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Professional Development Reimbursement
- NECI paid Basic Life & Short-Term, Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits - Accident, Term Life, Whole Life Insurance
- Flu Shot Clinic & First Aid/AED/CPR Classes
Must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Empowering Our Partners To Advance The World