IT Specialist (Seasonal)
The State Fair of Texas (SFT) is seeking a high energy and personable seasonal IT Specialist to help end users and the IT Manager with pre-fair, during and post-fair IT related tasks. The seasonal IT Specialist will be proficient in IT troubleshooting and repair for hardware and peripherals.
As a seasonal hire you will have a defined employment time period, ending on Friday, October 22, 2021.
What you’ll do as an IT Specialist:
- Resolve Tier I and Tier II hardware and network connectivity issues.
- Assist user with software and printing issues
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot computer and network hardware, peripheral devices, printing/scanning devices, presentation equipment, software, and other products in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
- With assistance, plug in aerial Ethernet Cables, to switches, ticket booths, gates, and scanning channels.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience
- Excellent knowledge of PC and desktop hardware.
- Excellent knowledge of PC internal components.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
High School diploma or equivalent is required, and the following:
- 6+ months of work experience in IT/related field.
- [A+ Certification/Google IT Support Professional Certificate] along with non-IT customer facing experience is acceptable in lieu of 6+ months of IT experience.
- Some college credits towards an IT degree (Or Associate’s Degree) along with non-IT customer facing experience is acceptable in lieu of 6+ months of IT experience.
- Pass an employment and criminal background check.
- Lift and/or pull up to 30 lbs without assistance
- Work inside and outside in various weather conditions to prepare for the State Fair
- Work mandatory overtime as required
- Climb ladders and go under counters, desks as needed to reach IT elements.
This position reports to the IT Manager.
Your application has been successfully submitted.