This is a full-time salaried position. Normal hours are Mon-Fri 8:00-5:00pm, but projects may go over from time to time. Candidates should be prepared to discuss projects you lead/solutions you have provided and other relevant experiences.
• High School Diploma
• Associate degree/Technical College degree or higher desired
• CompTIA A+ and/or Network+ certifications
• 5+ years’ experience; 2+ years with relevant technologies to this position
• The position includes on average 65% travel in and around the Greater Baton Rouge area. Candidate must have own reliable transportation.
• Must be able to pass a full background check and drug screen upon acceptance of the job offer.
• Candidate will be on call every 3 weeks for after hour calls, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Maintain a clean, professional, and friendly report with our clients.
• Maintain individual service levels as set by the department director.
• Responding to inbound client requests via email, phone, remote access or on-site visits to resolve issues including server/network outages, data recovery, email/messaging assistance, hardware warranty claims, and general IT repair should the need arise.
• New server and network deployments; working with team members to plan, install, and deploy workstations, server(s), switches, firewalls, access points.
• Keep timely documentation of your work and schedule within company provided ticketing system and calendar.
• Assist team members and contribute to the overall productivity of the business.
• Work with consultants, client representatives and vendors to ensure customers make informed IT decisions.
Technical Skill Requirements:
• Ability to lead a project to a successful conclusion within budgeted hours
• Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software, including HP & Lenovo servers & desktops/laptops/workstations
• Ability to setup, configure, and troubleshoot Windows Servers 2016/2019
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft 365 suite of applications, and ability to troubleshoot
• Knowledge of backup methodologies, hardware, and best practices
• Knowledge of basic TCP/IP routing concepts for SMB networks with 1-2 subnets
• Knowledge of cybersecurity threats, solutions, and best practices for businesses
• Knowledge of DNS Management, including creating/editing A, MX, and CNAME records
• Knowledge of WAN and VPN links/remote access technologies and experience with configuration and implementation.
• Knowledge of Windows client and server operating systems in a domain environment
• Advanced Windows server knowledge including:
o Managing & deploying Active Directory
o Windows DNS & DHCP
o Managing & troubleshooting Group Policy
Soft Skill Requirements:
• Outstanding customer service, including excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-starter with the initiative to work on your own.
• Positive outlook in general; maturity to deal with challenges in an upbeat manner without complain.
• Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks while working in a dynamic environment.
• Passion for technology with a desire to thrive in a small, fast-growing company that employs high standards.
Ideal candidate has product knowledge/certifications of the following:
• Microsoft Server 2016/2019
• Microsoft Azure
• Microsoft 365
• Windows 10
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Right Solution! Right Response! Right Now!